Thursday, March 21, 2013

Is today "The Day"?

Yesterday was the date I had guessed little Bean would arrive. Instead, I spent the day lounging and went for an hour session of foot reflexology to try to induce. I had an original sized Banana Berry smoothie with soy protein from Jamba Juice, even though I'd normally never ingest more than a sixteen ounce beverage from there. This may be the last day...maybe. Dane and I went out for dinner at Phuong Thao Vietnamese restaurant in downtown Sunnyvale for our "last" supper. He ordered a whole pompano with a tangy tomato sauce and I ordered the seafood egg noodle soup. Why do I order seafood anything when I normally take two bites of it then give the the rest to Dane? What actually sent us there was my craving for vegetarian Viet egg rolls--yum! It was too late to go to a movie, so we stopped by Safeway to pick up some snacks for the big day and rented MIB 3 from Redbox. We had to unload pictures from the camera when we got home so Dane basically fell asleep through most of the movie he picked out :) That's okay. It may have been the "last" night he was able to do that...

Today, we have an appointment at 10:45am to determine whether or not I'll have to be induced. I have to leave in an hour and there are so many mixed emotions swirling around in my gut. All night I had laid there feeling Bean's sleep and wake cycle. From rhythmic writhing to her sticky foot syndrome where she feels like she's having a seizure, I thought about the super strong sac surrounding her little body. The fluid that my body instinctively knows to regenerate. Every amazing cell that needs no guidance to perform essential duties to make life possible...I hope there is good news today. One can't help but feel defective when their told that their body is performing any less than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment