Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crazy pregnancy dream or premonition?

I woke up in a surprisingly calm state from a disturbing dream...I was taking a walk and noticed that my stomach felt lopsided, heavier on the right. I assumed it was one of those weird belly deforming contractions. Upon looking down, I was startled that my baby had curled up almost entirely to the right side (as she normally tends to do) and that I could SEE her yawning and stretching through my belly! It was as if my skin had become an opaque saran wrap and allowed me to see my daughter's features in soft, gummy bear definition...I cradled her through my belly and watched her move her little fists and squirm around as if she were tired of being so crammed in there...

We have our second appointment this week at 10:30a today. Monday's appointment had sent us to the hospital for closer monitoring and a fancier ultrasound to determine if Bean had enough fluid. Dr. Pravdin almost didn't check me because my numbers were acceptable last Thursday. I'm so glad I mentioned it. So, after drinking a huge sippy cup of iced water and another round of overpriced NST at the hospital, where they concluded Bean was doing great in there heart rate and movement-wise, we were sent down to radiology for the ultrasound. Kathy was not very friendly, but I was glad to see that Bean was happily moving around and was practicing breathing. SO weird to see her breathing when you know it's not air. Her head still measured ahead and her limbs a little behind. I was relieved when they downsized her weight to just about 7lbs. I had been concerned about needing a c-section to get her out, due to size, for a couple weeks now. The tech concluded my numbers were borderline, which isn't critical, but definitely not favorable. Hopefully we will see some progress today at our appointment since Easter is just 3 1/2 days away...I'm SO ready to have her now, but I keep on taking it one step at a time...

Perhaps my crazy dream was in response to all the strong contractions I've been feeling mixed with sheer exhaustion from lugging around all this weight. I'm so anxious for this pregnancy to be over so I can hold my precious little one. I find myself in tears at times from all the pelvic pain and even from her probing foot. There are so many things that I'm so excited about being able to do again after pregnancy, like taking the pleasant mile long walk to downtown to go to the Farmers Market or grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants. I want to sleep on my stomach, bend over normally to pick up something I've dropped with my fingers instead of toes, not pee every five minutes...just move without wincing! Now I just sound like I'm whining, which I kind of am...

No comments:

Post a Comment